Wheat Berry Muesli
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat berries or pearled wheat
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 apple unpeeled and chopped
- 1 banana sliced
- Soak oatmeal in 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes. Simmer raisins until tender then drain. Combine oatmeal, raisins and remaining ingredients and chill. Muesli will keep for several days, refrigerated, in a glass container.
- Served with mil, muesli makes an unusual and wholesome breakfast.
- To cook wheat berries or pearled wheat: soak 1/2 cup of wheat in 2 1/2 cups hot water for 1 hour, heat to boiling then reduce heat and let sit for 45 minutes until wheat is softened to the bite.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.