Watermelon, Feta and Bulgur Wheat Salad
- 3/4 cup #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 cups (1 inch or so) seedless watermelon chunks
- 1 medium English cucumber diced
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs such as basil and mint
- 1 cup (about 5 oz) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds lightly toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour 1 cup boiling water over bulgur wheat and cover. Let it rest until all of the water is absorbed, which should only take about 10 minutes or so; fluff with a fork and cool in the fridge.
- When wheat has cooled, whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Combine all non-dressing ingredients in a large dish and when ready to serve, gently fold it all together with the dressing. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serves 10-12 as a side dish.