Tuscan KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Salad
- 1 cup Whole Kernel KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur
- 8 cups water salted
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup cucumbers sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- Cook the KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat by combining 8 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat is tender but still chewy, about 30-35 minutes. Drain well and set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and chilled KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat. Add dressing, toss well and serve.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.