This is a perfect week for hearty bulgur soup recipes. This cold winter weather, (even in here in California!) is perfect for hot, flavorful soups that will warm you right up! This Tomato Bulgur Soup with Warm Spices is from Whole Foods
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup uncooked #3 coarse Sunnyland Mills bulgur wheat
- 1 (14.0-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup broth to a simmer.
Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent and tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in coriander and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add bulgur and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add remaining 3 1/2 cups broth and tomatoes with their juices and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
Stir in lemon juice.
Garnish with parsley and feta.