Three Grain Pilaf
- 1/2 cup each of onion, mushrooms, carrots, parsley
- 1/2 cup each of #3 coarse bulgur, brown rice and barley
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- pine nuts
- Stir fry onions, mushrooms, carrots and parsley in a skillet until just barely soft. Combine all ingredients in a large pot and simmer, covered, very low for about 45 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the mixture is cooked, add sherry.
- Toast pine nuts in the oven for a few minutes and add at the end of cooking.