Tabouli with Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup #1 fine bulgur
- 6 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- 2 cups fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried mint or 1 tsp. fresh mint, optional
- Combine the bulgur with 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand 30 to 60 minutes, or until the grains are firm but no longer hard in the center. If necessary, shake in a strainer and squeeze to remove extra water. Mix the bulgur with the remaining ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.