This Vegan Tabbouleh Salad Burger by Joni Marie Newman is so colorful and full of texture and flavor!
For the Tabbouleh:
- 3 cups (705 ml) water
- 1 cup (176 g) uncooked #2 medium bulgur wheat
- 3 cups (180 g) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced (about 2 cups [270 g])
- 1 cup (180 g) diced tomatoes (approx. 2 seeded tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup (12 g) finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
For the Burgers:
- Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons (24 g) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sesame oil (optional)
For the Tabblouleh:
- Bring the water, lightly salted, to a boil. Add the bulgur wheat, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooled bulgur and mix thoroughly.
For the Burgers:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the flour and cornstarch to the Tabbouleh Salad mixture. Knead until well incorporated. If your mixture is too wet, add a little more flour. Form into 10 patties.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until firm and just beginning to brown.
- You can eat them just like this, but they get extra yummy if you panfry them in a little sesame oil after you bake them, just to get a little golden crispy crust! Alternatively, use your Air-Fryer at 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.