Sweet and Salty Bulgur Cauliflower Salad
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup #1 fine grind bulgur wheat
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 small head cauliflower about 12 oz. or 1/2 a head, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 6 large large green olives pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the bulgur; cover and let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the orange juice to a simmer in another small saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the raisins. Cover and let stand until cool.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (be careful not to over process, you don't want it pureed).
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, cumin and pepper in a large bowl. Add the bulgur and the raisin mixture and stir to combine; stir in the olives and parsley. You can serve the salad at once or cover and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
Each serving: 18g carbohydrates, 123 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 3g fiber, 2g protein, 109mg sodium