Stuffed Artichoke with Bulgur and Gorgonzola
- 6 large large California artichokes
- 2 cups #2 Medium or #3 Coarse Bulgur
- 1-1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans ((chick peas))
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
- 1 red bell pepper, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Prepare and cook artichokes as directed, adding juice of 1 lemon and clove of garlic while cooking. Cover bulgur with boiling water; let stand 30 minutes and drain. When bulgur is cool, toss with Herb Dressing, garbanzo beans, walnuts, red pepper and cheese. Remove center petals and fuzzy centers of cooked artichokes. Fill centers of artichokes with bulgur mixture.
- Herb Dressing: Combine 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. each chopped fresh tarragon and chervil, 2 tsp. finely chopped onion, 1 clove garlic – minced, 1/2 tsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. dry mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Blend in 3/4 cup olive oil; mix well.