Quinoa and Bulgur Tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 tbsp. mint (chopped fine)
- 1 cup parsley leaves (rough chopped)
- 1 cup cooked kale or spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 cup (1 medium) ripe tomato (chopped small)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Soak bulgur wheat in very hot water until soft (approx. 30 minutes). Strain wheat through a colander and squeeze out the excess moisture. Place wheat with quinoa in a bowl and fold in remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings.
Be sure to squeeze excess moisture from kale or spinach before adding to the bowl. Any green can be used including uncooked salad greens such as arugula or mizuna. Preserved lemons are a nice addition to this salad. Light lemon vinaigrette can be used in place of the olive oil and lemon juice although you may still need a little lemon juice. Grilled eggplant, eggplant caviar or baba ghanouj make excellent accompaniments to this salad.