Pineapple, Bulgur & Almond Salad
- 1/4 cup #2 medium bulgur
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- Place the bulgur, water and coriander in a medium saucepan, uncovered, over a medium flame. When the water boils, turn down heat and simmer just until the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- While the bulgur is cooking, carefully chop the almonds with a sharp knife. When the bulgur is finished cooking, place in a medium bowl, spreading out the bulgur so that it will cool quickly.
- Meanwhile, cut the top from the red pepper, and slice off two rings to be used as a garnish.
- Add the almonds, parsley, pineapple, oil and lime juice to the cooled bulgur and toss.
- To serve, place two lettuce leaves on each serving plate, top with salad and garnish with a red pepper ring.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.