Mixed Grain & Wild Rice Cereal
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats Irish oatmeal
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Simmer 2 cups water and wild rice in small saucepan 20 minutes; drain.
- Butter a 2 1/2 quart ovenproof dish with cooking spray. In prepared dish, mix wild rice with remaining 6 cups water. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover loosely with foil and bake until grains are tender, water is absorbed and cereal is creamy, stirring occasionally (about 1 1/2 hours).