Microwave Bulgur with Chicken and Vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse bulgur
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless whole chicken breasts skin removed and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium tomato seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup herb and spice dressing
- dash pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water, bouillon, onion powder and salt; mix well. Microwave on high for 3-6 minutes, or until water boils. Stir in bulgur. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand about 30 minutes or until bulgur softens. Drain and press to remove excess moisture. Spread bulgur on large serving platter. Meanwhile, in a 2-quart casserole, combine chicken, tomato, mushrooms and green pepper; cover. Microwave on high for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring twice. Remove the chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon. Place over bulgur. In a 1-cup measurer, combine dressing and pepper. Pour evenly over chicken and vegetables. Serve warm.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.