Italian Wheat Wraps
- 1 cup grano or Pearled Soft White Wheat ND
- 1 cup Rosemarina Orzo Pasta
- 1/2 cup roasted marinated red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 smoked chicken breast
- 6 in. spinach tortillas
- whipped cream cheese
- Combine 8 cups water, salted as you would for pasta, and Grano in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring frequently, until Grano is tender but still chewy, about 30-35 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook pasta al dente adding the Grano the last minute of cooking to help bind the wheat in the mixture. Chop red peppers and onion tops. Add all ingredients together and stir in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Let set at room temperature for 2 hours. Add chopped basil just prior to serving.
- Cut 6 inch tortilla in half. Using whipped cream cheese at room temperature to bind tortilla into a two inch circle and stand on flat end. Fill standing wrap with Grano mixture. Cut 2 1/4 strips of smoked chicken and stick in top of wrap.
- Place on six inch white plate. Drizzle roasted marinated red pepper sauce around the wrap. Sprinkle bit of chopped basil.