Harvard Bulgur Pilaf - Courtesy of Harvard University Dining Room Services
- 1-1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth heated
- 1 cup #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 1-1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes minced
- 1 dash crushed red pepper or as much to taste
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- 2 tsps. honey
- 2 tsps. canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste (salt optional)
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat and saute the garlic until it is tender; do not let it get brown.
- Add the bulgur and saute until it smells toasty, about 10 minutes. Pour in the hot broth, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until all the broth has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork. Gently stir in diced and dried tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, canola oil, crushed red pepper, salt (if desired), and pepper. Pour over bulgur and blend well. Serve warm.