Freekeh Stew with Yams, Kale and Chick Peas
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic Freekeh Bulgur
- 4 cups vegetable broth plus extra water if needed
- 1 yam or sweet potato chopped with skin on
- 2-3 tsps. mild chili powder or to taste
- 1 can Fire-Roasted tomatoes (you can use plain or with green chilies depending on taste)
- 1 8- oz. package fresh kale pre-washed and diced
- 1 12- oz. can garbanzos rinsed and drained, chick peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour broth and Freekeh Bulgur into a large pot and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add chili powder, yams, tomatoes and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Once Freekeh and yams are tender, add in chick peas and kale. Cook further for about 5 minutes. Add more liquid if necessary. Season to taste and enjoy!
Makes about 6 servings
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.