Freekeh Bulgur Pilaf with Pine Nuts
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic Freekeh Bulgur
- 1 small onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts (pignoli) toasted
- salt and black pepper
- Put the Freekeh bulgur in a bowl, cover with water, and let soak for 45 minutes. Drain the Freekeh through a sieve, shaking it gently to remove as much water as possible. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add the pine nuts and sauté over low heat until lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Remove the pine nuts from the skillet. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sauté the onion until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the drained Freekeh to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the pine nuts and mint, season to taste, heat through, and serve.