Cinnamon Bread with Bulgur Wheat (for Professional Bakers)
Servings 4 loaves
- 8 oz. # 2 Medium or #3 Coarse Bulgur wheat 20 Bakers %
- 2 lb. water 80 Bakers %
- 1 oz. active dry yeast 2.5 Bakers %
- 4 oz., water 10 Bakers %
- 2 lb. 8 oz. bread or all purpose flour 100 Bakers %
- 4 oz. non-fat dried milk powder 10 Bakers %
- 4 oz. sugar 10 Bakers %
- 1 oz. salt 2.5 Bakers %
- 6 oz. butter 15 Bakers %
- 8 oz. sugar 20 Bakers %
- 1/2 oz. (1 tbsp.) cinnamon .6 Bakers %
- Desired dough temperature is 82 degrees.
- For the bulgur, bring water to a boil; add bulgur and butter and soak for 3 hours.
- For the dough, combine dry ingredients in mixer with a dough hook. Add bulgur; mix in yeast, which has been dissolved in water. Mix on low speed for 10 minutes; mixture will be dry.
- Proof until double in bulk, divide into 1 1/2-lb. portions. Roll each portion into a rectangle, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Roll up, seal seams and fold ends under.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled plastic tub, cover and leave covered in a warm area to rise for 20 minutes. Place on greased bun pans (4 to each 18 x 24 pan). Proof until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.
Yield: 6 lbs., 12-1/4 oz. (4 loaves at 1 lb., 8 oz. each) Recipe courtesy of Aaron Brown
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.