Cilantro Tabbouleh with Bulgur and Cranberries
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup shallots (chopped)
- 5 cups chicken broth (less sodium)
- 2 cups #3 Coarse Traditional Bulgur wheat
- 2 cups cucumber (chopped and seeded)
- 1/2 cup cranberries (dried)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp. lime peel (finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- lime wedges (optional)
- Coat an unheated large nonstick saucepan or 4-quart Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir about 3 minutes or just until tender. Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Stir in bulgur; return to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer cooked bulgur to a large bowl. Cover and chill about 3 hours or until completely cool.
- Add cucumber, dried cranberries, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice, salt and pepper to cooled bulgur; mix well. If desired, garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Everyday Health.