Chicken and Vegetables with Bulgur
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4 inc. pieces
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini or carrots (about 2 medium zucchini or 5 medium carrots)
- 1 medium onion cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin slices
- In 1 1/2 quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in bulgur, dill weed and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until bulgur is tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add oil to skillet; rotate skillet to coat with oil. Add zucchini and onion; cook about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken; toss with cooked bulgur.