Cabo Mar Tabbouleh
- 1 1/2 cups Sunnyland #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions whites and greens
- 3 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. fresh baby bay shrimp
- 3 tbs. medium-hot fresh tomato salsa found in deli section at the grocery store
- 1 avocado chopped
- Love Mexico? Like healthy foods spiced with the fiesta atmosphere of our neighbor to the South? If you do, you will love the combination of greens, whole grain and seafood in this fun recipe.
- In a large bowl add boiling water, lemons, oil, salt and pepper; stir in bulgur and cover. Let stand for 1 hour or until light and fluffy; let cool.
- Add parsley, mint, green onions and tomatoes; mix lightly.
- Add 1 medium cucumber, fresh bay shrimp and medium fresh tomato salsa.
- Combine all ingredients together and chill.
- Let the flavors marry! Make 6 hours before or 1 day ahead and refrigerate.
- Before serving add chopped avocado.
- Tabbouleh can be served as an appetizer with lavosh, pita bread, chips or salad.
Per Serving Nutrition Info: 240 cal; (90 cal from fat); 10g total fat; (1.5g sat fat); 15g prot; 25g total carb; 75mg chol; 370mg sod; 8g fiber; 2g sugar Nutritional analysis for these recipes may vary slightly depending on choice of ingredients.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.