Bulgur with Apricots & Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 6 oz. pkg. dried apricots sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic, and sauté until tender--about 3 minutes. Mix in bulgur, apricots, salt, and cinnamon. Add 2 1/2 cups water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until all water is absorbed and bulgur is tender, stirring frequently to prevent sticking--about 20 minutes. Transfer bulgur to bowl and cool. Mix orange juice and oil into bulgur. Cover and chill. Mix pistachios and parsley into bulgur.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.