Fruity Bulgur Wheat Herb Salad (Tabbouleh Salad):
- 1 cup #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon/lime
- Salt to taste
- ½ – 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 scallions
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup fresh chopped mint
- ½ cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1/8 cup chopped dried fig
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped apple
- Juice of a lemon/lime
- 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil bulgur wheat in 2 cups water and add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until wheat is cooked and water has been absorbed.
- Immediately add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of oil and fluff it up with fork.
- Allow to cool.
- Toss the bulgur wheat with scallions, cilantro, parsley, mint, fig, raisins, pomegranate seeds, apple, lemon juice and rest of the oil.
- Serve as a side dish or as a complete meal.