- 1/2 cup #1 fine bulgur wheat
- 1/2 onion (minced)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 6 slices of bacon (You can also substitute equal amounts of ham or sausage)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander/Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- mustard seeds
- Shortening, cooking oil, or butter to grease muffin tins. (Because coconut oil has a relatively high smoke point, it can also be used to grease muffin tins)
- Place Bulgur Wheat in a bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water to bulgur; stir, cover and let sit for 7 minutes; drain excess water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the minced onion, grated carrot, bacon, chopped coriander, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, flour, and eggs and mix very well.
- Season everything with salt, pepper, and ground mustard seeds. Add the cooked bulgur wheat. Pour the mixture into the greased wells of a muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden.