Bulgur Pilaf with Broccoli and Carrots
- 2 cups #2 medium or #3 coarse bulgur
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 medium carrots shredded (2 2/3 cups)
- 1 large onion chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- In 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except broccoli and cheese. Cover; cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or just until bulgur is tender. Stir in broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender and cheese is melted.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.