Bulgur, Brown and White Rice Pilaf (for Food Service)
Servings 96 4 oz.
- 1 lb. butter
- 2 cups olive oil
- 8-12 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- 4 cups onion diced small, white or yellow
- 8 cups white rice long grain
- 8 cups #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 8 cups brown rice
- 4 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1-1/2 gal. chicken stock or broth
- 1 gal. beef stock or broth
- 1 cup Italian parsley fresh chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in oil for approximately 2 minutes. Use of rondeau in batches may be preferable. Add chicken and beef broth or stock; simmer approximately 2 minutes. Add the 3 grains and parsley. Cover and simmer over low heat 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste when served.