Bulgur, Broccolini and String Bean Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
- 2-1/4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned green French-style string beans
- 1 bunch broccolini cut into small florets
- 1 cup flat-leafed parsley chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts or cashews skinned and chopped roughly
- 4 tbsp. unrefined hazelnut oil or olive oil
- 5 tbsp. raspberry vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- First, prepare the bulgur by placing it into a large pot with a teaspoon of salt. Pour the 2-1/4 cups of boiling water over the top and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Stir occasionally. Lightly fluff with a fork and set aside to cool. Steam broccolini separately in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes until al dente. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Toss string beans together with the broccolini into the bulgur, adding parsley and chopped hazelnuts. Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, garlic, black pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Pour over the salad, toss it and allow it to stand 15 minutes before serving. Eat at room temperature or chill.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.