Bulgur and Brown Rice Pilaf (for Food Service)
Servings 100 4 oz.
- 1-1/2 lbs. butter or margarine
- 20 garlic cloves fresh and finely chopped
- 3-3/4 lbs. onion diced small, white or yellow
- 5 cups brown rice
- 15 cups #3 coarse bulgur wheat
- 2-1/2 lbs. vermicelli fine broken into 1/2" length
- 2-1/2 gal. chicken stock or broth
- 10 tsp. marjoram to taste
- green onion finely chopped (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute vermicelli and onion in butter or margarine until lightly browned. Use of rondeau in batches may be preferable. Add rice and bulgur and saute. Add chicken stock or broth and marjoram. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat for approximately 30-35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Salt and pepper to taste when serving.