Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread with Bulgur Wheat, Oats, Bran and Flax Seed Meal
Combine and soak 1 hour:
- Combine and soak 1 hour:
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup #3 coarse Bulgur Wheat
Mix dry ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup ground oatmeal ( (grind oatmeal in food processor then measure))
- 2 tbsp. wheat bran
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp. vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp. dough enhancer
- 1 tsp. salt
Combine wet ingredients and sweeteners:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup warm water (slightly warmer than room temperature)
- 2 2/3 tsp. yeast
- Follow directions for your bread machine for the order to add ingredients.
- Put the liquid in first, followed by the dry ingredients. Make a small well in the flour and put the yeast in that. Use the whole wheat setting on the machine.
- Watch bread while it goes through the first mixing cycle, and if it doesn’t form a ball you may need to add more flour or water, a little bit at a time. The dough should make a firm ball and be only slightly sticky.
- Bread machine takes 3 hours 40 minutes for the whole wheat cycle. Bread is delicious hot or cold; also makes great toast.