Autumn Kamut Bulgur Salad with Kale, Asian Pear, and Hazelnuts
- 1 cup #3 Coarse Organic Kamut Bulgur
- 2 oz. oz. Tuscan Kale (cut into ½-inch ribbons (about 2 cups))
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 Asian pear (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts (toasted and chopped)
- 2 tbl. sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 tsp. Walnut Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil; add the Kamut Bulgur and cook for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover; let stand for 5 minutes; drain excess water. In a large serving bowl, combine kale with 2 teaspoons of the oil and a pinch of salt. Massage the oil into the kale leaves. Add the cooled Kamut Bulgur and radicchio.
- In a small jar with a lid, combine vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, remaining oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Close jar and shake to combine. Pour over salad and toss well. Add pear slices and half of the hazelnuts and toss again. Top with remaining hazelnuts.