#1 Fine KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Pilaf
- 1/4 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup fine vermicelli broken in small pieces
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. chopped or diced fresh onion
- 3/4 cup #1 fine Organic KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat Bulgur
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste to taste
- Dash of celery seed
- Dash of garlic powder
- An excellent compliment to shish kebab, steaks, roast, poultry, stuffed cabbage rolls or stuffed bell peppers.
- Heat in a heavy skillet butter or margarine, fine vermicelli and chopped onion. Sauté until lightly browned, stir to avoid scorching. Add KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat and brown rice. Sauté a few seconds longer. Add chicken bouillon cubes (dissolved in 2 cups of water) and salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- KAMUT® Khorasan Bulgur Wheat pilaf may also be baked in the oven. After adding additional liquid and seasoning and brought to a boil as above, pour into a casserole dish; cover and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove cover, stir and leave in oven for 5 more minutes.